Martial Arts in Edmonton: BJJ for Women
Martial arts training designed exclusively for women
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is an effective self defense program for women. The only way to be able to defend yourself is to regularly and consistently train the movements and techniques you will use.
However, BJJ isn’t just for self defense, it’s a great way to keep healthy, both mentally and physically, stay fit and train with a motivated group rather on your own.
Our BJJ classes teach the same techniques as our other BJJ classes however women train with other women. Interested in taking on the opposite sex? No problem. There is opportunity to train with a male partner should you want to.
Benefits of Jiu Jitsu include:
- Getting a great physical workout in a motivating environment;
- Helping to keep you healthy and lose weight if that’s your goal;
- Building your confidence which helps improve other areas of your life;
- Helping to reduce stress; and
- Learning effective self-defense techniques.